This recipe can have tons of modifications but it was delicious, easy, and healthy! I love a good summer salad, and the charred corn really takes it up a notch. I love a salad where I don’t have to wash, dry, and chop lettuce. The cabbage in this recipe not only absorbs the flavors perfectly, but it also adds a nice texture! Plus, it comes pre-washed and chopped!
Add all ingredients in a large bowl. For charred corn, grill on medium heat on indoor or outdoor grill for about 15 min, turning frequently. You want it to smell like popcorn!
Stir and serve over salad. Let flavors melt together
For the Chicken:
Put two chicken breasts in the Instant Pot on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Add one jar of green salsa (salsa verde any brand) Quick release, shred, add back to juices and stir! Let cool a bit before adding to salad or cool overnight for cold chicken. For slow cooker, high heat for 4 hours, shred.
Ideas for this Salad:
- Remove chicken for a vegetarian option!
- Remove chicken and use vegan yogurt in the dressing for a vegan option!
- Omit corn and beans, use vegan yogurt or just the salsa/vinegar combo for Whole 30
- Add feta, cojita, or shredded cheddar cheese for some salty goodness!
- Use more salsa verde if more dressing needed
- Add some Beanito or whole-grain chips, or pepitas (pumpkin seeds) crumbled on top for extra crunch!
- 1 14oz bag Tri-Color Deli Pre-Shredded Coleslaw
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/2 moons
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 ears corn, charred on the grill
- 12 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ** 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless- you can use pre-cooked or see below
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Fat-Free Greek or Islandic yogurt (I used the Siggi's Drinkable yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon salsa verde
- For the Chicken:
- Put two chicken breasts in the Instant Pot on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Add one jar of green salsa (salsa verde any brand) Quick release, shred, add back to juices and stir! Let cool a bit before adding to salad or cool overnight for cold chicken. For slow cooker, high heat for 4 hours, shred. You can also buy rotisserie chicken here too!
- Mix dressing ingredients together and add to salad ingredients. Serve chicken beside or mixed into the salad! Add more salsa as desired!